Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Two Palms in the Sunset

It is Christmas in the Keys, glorious weather, sunny days, pastel clouds and warm breezes. I do not need to stray far from my own backyard to see beauty everywhere. As I pass the sixth holiday in a row without seeing my 19 year old son, I am filled with deep sadness and a sense of powerlessness. With the love, joy and excitement of the holidays the loss of my son stings that much more. In a country in which we hope for justice, I am still overcome by the corruption and injustice of our legal system. As I write this and while I was painting Two Palms in the Sunset simultaneously in Illinois the corruption surrounding their Governor is a constant reminder of how much we need to clean up our government. My painting is clear, the colors I choose are clean and there is no ambiguity as to how I am feeling.There is no deception behind the painting, what you see and how it provokes your feelings is what you get. I painted this with the mind to bring warmth and cheer to my viewer, in a time which is filled with such uncertainty. This painting is done in oils and considered a plein-air painting as it was done on the spot, Two Palms in the Sunset is done on a 20" x 20" Gallery wrapped canvas, price is $399.00

No comments: