Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sunny Clouds triptych


This is the view I first saw when I was looking for a new place to live. I remember the realtor opening the door and I could see straight through the sliding glass doors out to this beautiful vista. I knew at that moment that the house was for me, and before I looked at anything else I said "I'll take it". That is how it has always been with me as far as places to live in. I forget about the practical in terms of how big is the space and what condition is the home. If I am not moved visually by the house and it's surroundings then I cannot live there. When The realtor asked me if I wanted to see more details about the kitchen I sort of looked at her in surprise as if something so mundane as where I would be cooking my food mattered to me. So here is the view from my living room and porch and I count myself blessed every day to be fortunate enough to have this feast for my eyes. In a world that I feel I understand less and less every day I find some comfort in the constant beauty that I am surrounded by.

This painting is painted on 3 Gallery wrapped canvases 10" x 10" in size using oil paints. The price for the triptych is $600.00
To view some of my commissions of my portrait work as well as paintings of the village of Key West visit my website at www.portraitsbycaren.com

No comments: